logo house of francheska antique and vintage emporium, top ten business for the south west region barclays trading places awards 2008


latest news for website

Designer Polcini
1911–1980 Also known as Ledo Jewellery

The designer Ralph Polcini was a goldsmith who emigrated to the US from Italy and founded the Polcini Company in 1911. The name was changed to Leading Jewellery Manufacturing Company in 1949, short for Ledo. The company produced the highest quality and workmanship usually Art Deco designs using the highest quality rhinestones and gold plate which has the look of genuine jewellery. The materials they used were high quality prong set, rhodium plated using clear rhinestone, simulated coloured stones of pearl, opal, sapphire and rubies with some set in gold-tone metal and gold plated metal. After Ralph Polcini died the company was left to his son Damon who changed the company name to Polcini in the 1960's. Their signature mark is By 'Ledo' in script, 'Ledo RIST--LETTE' with 'Ledo' in script, and 'Polcini' with a copyright symbol. The company ceased operations in 1980. Their jewellery is highly collectible and rare to find.




Please visit sold items collectors gallery for reference and identification > > >

Please go back to designers information > > >




House of francheska top 10 business in the south west region of the uk barclays trading places award 2008

House of Francheska, Barclays Bank PLC Trading Places Award 2008 > > >


You can find us on the following links below

scoot touch local bristol post indpendent the sun

we are listed in the antiques, collectables and memorabilia specialist directory

Customer information | Frequently Asked Questions | Press and Awards | Testimonials
Privacy | Terms and Conditions | Security | Sitemap | Links



facebook twitter pinterest linkedin google





Back to top of page


copyright